Hey, good morning! You look fabulous.
CES 2018 is over, and the Engadget team is heading home. Keep an eye out for wrap-up coverage this weekend, but first, take a look at some of Friday's highlights and other prominent stories from last week.
Google's CES 2018 booth isn't for a guy that's been working tech shows for over six years: it was to demonstrate exactly what's possible with voice assistants for people that didn't realize they probably already had one on their smartphone.
Congratulations.Presenting the Best of CES 2018 winners!
Relive the big wins -- and stunning upsets -- from Engadget's Best of CES awards.
Now with USB-CThis might be the Game Boy's ultimate form
The aluminum-hewn Project Ultra GB might be the hardware you need to break out your old Game Boy hits. It accepts the original cartridge while keeping the dimensions of the Game Boy Pocket and those iconic controls.
Get ready for NAIAS.GM plans to release cars with no steering wheel in 2019
GM not only revealed what its level 4 self-driving vehicle would look like but also announced that it filed a Safety Petition to be able to deploy its completely driverless version of Chevy Bolt called Cruise AV in 2019.
An ambitious, but increasingly realistic, proposition.Touring Hyperloop One's ever-evolving test site
For the first time since May 2016, the location was opened up to a handful of journalists this week during CES.
Where's Will Smith?Prototype satellite makes way for 4K 'Earth observation'
The CARBONITE-2 satellite has a UHD camera aboard, which will be able to capture high-res images of locations anywhere on Earth, as well as record up to two minutes of video.
But wait, there's more...
- Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in the middle of CES
- 'Detective Pikachu' game's US debut set for March 23rd
- The Big Picture: This is what a 50-qubit quantum computer looks like
- Samsung will launch the Galaxy S9 in February
- LG Display's giant rollable OLED TV is indistinguishable from magic
- There's a new sex robot in town: Say hello to Solana
- SanDisk's tiny 1TB USB-C stick is the perfect smartphone upgrade
- NVIDIA unveils 65-inch 4K 'Big Format Gaming Displays' with G-SYNC
The Morning After is a new daily newsletter from Engadget designed to help you fight off FOMO. Who knows what you'll miss if you don't Subscribe.
Have a suggestion on how we can improve The Morning After? Send us a note.
- This article originally appeared on Engadget.