Gold markets are currently hovering around the 50-day EMA, an area that of course can cause major issues in both directions. It is a moving average that attracts a lot of attention, and quite frankly makes for good headlines. Longer-term traders do tend to pay attention to it, so looking at that indicator could give you an idea as to where the longer-term trend is going. All things being equal though, I don’t like trying to short this market, because I think there is a significant amount of support underneath and it’s obvious that central banks around the world are going to be cutting interest rates. Given enough time, that should give a bit of a lift to gold.
Gold Price Predictions Video 23.10.19
You could make a downtrend line based upon the recent channel lower, and although it has been a significant pullback, in the big scheme of things it isn’t as big of a deal. The market had gone higher for what seemed like forever, so a little bit of consolidation and then a pullback as traders take profit makes but a bit of sense. At this point, if we can break above the $1500 level that might be the signal to start buying again for the longer-term move. Obviously, the larger numbers like $1500 attract a lot of attention so I would anticipate quite a bit of follow through on a daily close above that level. Until then, it’s probably going to be more or less a grind.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock Markets Continue To Struggle At Highs
- Silver Price Forecast – Silver Markets Quiet On Tuesday
- AUD/USD Price Forecast – Australian Dollar Runs Into Resistance
- Gold Price Prediction – Gold Forms Doji Day as Brexit Concerns Offset a Rising Dollar
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Technical Analysis – Momentum Shifts to Downside Under 26697
- Natural Gas Price Forecast – Natural Gas Markets Rally