The Australian dollar has gone back and forth during the trading session on Thursday, as we continue to see a lot of noise, and I believe that the market should see buyers on dips. This will be especially true if the risk appetite of traders continues to be relatively strong. The 0.77 level underneath continues to be a bit of a support level as well, so even if we break down I think that the buyers will return in this area.
Looking at the longer-term charts, there is a massive uptrend line that has recently served as support, which is the bottom of the of trending channel. Ultimately, the market should continue to go much higher, perhaps reaching towards the 0.81 level. The market continues to be very skittish, but I think that if the talks of a trade war between the United States and China can cool off, that should send the Australian dollar higher as Australia’s a major exporter of commodities to the Chinese.
I believe that the volatility should continue to be a major issue, so I would be slow about building a position, and only add gradually as it works out in your favor. I don’t have any interest in shorting the Australian dollar, because there has been so much support underneath. Looking at the overall attitude of the market, I believe that the Aussie will continue to offer value on these dips, and therefore I am looking to build a longer-term position, but I also recognize that this pair has been choppy over the last several months, so be cautious about jumping into quickly.
AUD/USD Video 13.04.18
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- FTSE 100 go sideways on Thursday
- Bitcoin explodes during trading session on Thursday
- Price of Gold Fundamental Daily Forecast – Remains Underpinned by Concerns Over Syria, China Trade Dispute
- Alt Coins rally during Thursday session as majors do the same
- Gold rolls over significantly during the trading session on Thursday
- German index rallied significantly during the trading session on Thursday