the AUD/USD broke above the long-term resistance trend lines (dotted red) and confirmed both a higher low and higher high. Is a bullish reversal taking place or will the bears regain control?
The AUD/USD will be able to confirm the next direction depending on its reaction at the support line (blue) of the uptrend channel. A strong bullish bounce (green check) makes an uptrend likely whereas a bearish breakout would invalidate (red x) the current wave outlook.
4 hour chart
The AUD/USD made a deep retracement, which seems to have unfolded in an ABC (pink) zigzag pattern. A bearish breakout below the 100% FIbonacci level of wave 2 vs 1, however, invalidates (red x) the bullish wave pattern and indicates a downtrend. In that case, price made a bullish ABC rather then a 1-2 pattern. A bullish breakout, bounce, and continuation could make an uptrend more likely (green check).
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- GBP/USD Daily Forecast – Sterling Falls Into Range Above 1.3050
- European Equities: A Lack of Stats Leaves the Majors in the Hands of the U.S Numbers and Geopolitics
- Crude Oil Price Update – Headed to $57.95 to $56.13 Value Zone
- Capitalizing on Plunging Oil as Iran Tensions Subside
- The Prospects of USD/CAD Rebound Continuation
- Gold Price Futures (GC) Technical Analysis – Best Value Zone $1533.20 to $1514.30