AUD starts this week on the back foot. The best setup that can show this is on the AUDNZD, where today, we can see a huge decline. From the technical point of view, the drop is supported by the Head and Shoulders formation and by the breakout of the lower line of the symmetric triangle pattern. Yesterday, price tested the broken support as a resistance and test was positive for the sellers. With all this, everything seems ready for a bigger drop.
AUDUSD is ready too. Here we do have a triple top formation, then a flag and another small correction. Some may see an additional Head and Shoulders pattern, which only adds to the bearish sentiment here. The legitimate sell signal will be triggered, once the price will break below the lows from the last week.
Last but not least is the SP500, where we finally reached our long awaited target. We are so not surprised here. That is a great place for a bounce but we warn you not to catch the knife too early. If you want to buy, fair enough, but wait for the first signs of reversal first. As for now, we do not have any sign of the demand so the price can decline further.
This article is written by Tomasz Wisniewski, a senior analyst at Alpari Research & Analysis
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Oil Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – API Report on Cushing Inventories Should Set the Tone Late
- China; No One Dictates Reform To US, EU Market Dragged Down By Energy, US Markets Stage Rebound
- Natural Gas Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – Looking at Early January, Will Frigid Air Over Canada Stall at U.S. Border?
- Gold Price Futures (GC) Technical Analysis – Needs to Hold Short-Term Retracement Zone at $1248.90 to $1246.60 to Sustain Rally
- Crude Oil Price Update – WTI Trend Changed Back Down on Move Through $49.60
- E-mini S&P 500 Index (ES) Futures Technical Analysis – December 18, 2018 Forecast