- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
This is the week investors wait for each quarter: the FAANG and growth stock earnings week.
Over 1000 companies are expected to report this week including many of the hottest tech names including most of FAANG with Facebook, Apple, Amazon and Alphabet reporting, along with other popular growth stocks.
And while the FAANG stocks have excellent earnings surprise charts, there are other, hidden gem charts you should be watching this week as well.
Among those are some of the hottest growth stocks but also a stock in one of the ignored industries.
Can they keep their momentum?
5 Must-See Earnings Charts
1. Mastercard MA has only missed one time in the last 5 years and it was during the pandemic, in 2020. That’s a great earnings surprise track record. The shares have been grinding to new highs, adding 7.4% year-to-date. They’re trading with a forward P/E of 50. Are they too hot to handle at this valuation?
2. Twilio TWLO hasn’t missed in 5 years. And it’s been beating big during that time period. Shares are up 16.4% year-to-date and are near a new 5-year high. It doesn’t have a P/E as it’s expected to lose $0.18 this year. Will it breakout after earnings?
3. Deckers Outdoor Corp DECK has only missed once in the last 5 years and it was in 2017. It has two of the hottest shoe brands this year in UGG and HOKA. Shares are up 41% year-to-date and are at new all-time highs. It trades with a forward P/E of 26.5. Does it have more gas left in the tank?
4. Pinterest PINS has beat 4 quarters in a row. The shares have been on a roller coaster, however, but are now up 16% year-to-date. They aren’t cheap, with a forward P/E of 76. Is the Street too optimistic about this quarter?
5. Exxon Mobil Corp. XOM has beat 3 quarters in a row. Shares have jumped 41% year-to-date as crude prices have risen. Earnings are expected to rise 1,378% in 2021 to $4.22 from a loss of $0.33 in 2020. Shares are cheap, with a forward P/E of 13.7. Will Exxon be able to extend its rally?
[In full disclosure, Tracey owns shares of PINS in her personal portfolio.]
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Mastercard Incorporated (MA) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Twilio Inc. (TWLO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Pinterest, Inc. (PINS) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research