Image: Deliveroo * Deliveroo Australia country manager Levi Aron has resigned, the delivery app has announced, after four years in the job. * Global Deliveroo exec Merten Wulfert will take on short-term responsibility for Australia while a replacement general manager is recruited. Former Realestate.com.au
* David Jones is slashing 120 jobs across Australia, including 30 from its head office and 90 more from its retail outlets. * It comes as the department store cuts costs after a woeful second-half result that saw profits plunge 39%. * David Jones isn't alone, as Australian retailers of all stripes
* Amazon generated an estimated US$2 million in Australia from its Prime Day sales extravaganza, according to market analysts the Retail Doctor Group. * Australia was the first country to access Prime Day this week on July 15, giving Prime members Down Under an additional 17 hours of sales activity.
Roughly 10 candidates make the cut every four years or so. Here’s a look into the application process of becoming an astronaut.
* The National Australia Bank (NAB) has announced it has chosen a new CEO, Royal Bank of Scotland's Ross McEwan, who will take up the top job in April 2020. * It comes after former CEO Andrew Thorburn stepped down after coming under increasing pressure during the financial services royal commission
Good morning!1\. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is set to meet Australian PM Scott Morrison on Friday to discuss trade, terrorism and the deportation of Kiwis from Australia on character grounds, the Guardian reported. Ardern told reporters, "We have seen cases where there is also
Image: Supplied * Atlassian has implemented a new performance review strategy designed to give their workers a better evaluation of how they're performing. * The new strategy focuses more on whether an employee adheres to Atlassian's values rather than how technically skilled they are. *
* Union organiser and former waiter Orlaith Belfrage has accused celebrity chef George Calombaris and the company he founded, Made Establishment, of owing outstanding unpaid wages of $2,000. * Made Establishment claims to have "calculated and paid" all oustanding wages and super to ripped
> Business Insider has partnered with TAFE Enterprise to help you strengthen your workforce and build a high performing workplace. More and more businesses are trying to build a 'talent first' workforce. Why? Because it's becoming increasingly clear that this leads to a more productive
* Melbourne hospitality company Made Establishment, founded by TV chef George Calombaris, has back-paid workers $7.8 million in unpaid wages and super, the Fair Work Ombudsman has revealed. * Calombaris will pay a $200,000 "contrition payment" to the government coffers and give public speeches
* Pharma brand Panadol is encouraging workers to take 'healthies' — personal days off — to prevent them getting sick. * It comes after research Panadol-maker GlaxoSmithKline commissioned, which found three in five Australian workers decide to work when they are unwell, which makes their symptoms
The head of a Sydney property development firm is facing charges of allegedly paying his nanny $2.33 an hour.
* Treasury deputy secretary Meghan Quinn has claimed workers in Australia that refuse to switch jobs are to blame for weak wages growth. * The idea was panned by economist and former Julia Gillard adviser Stephen Koukoulas who said that Treasury needs to "get back to basics" instead of making
> CPA Australia’s Future Thinkers series tells the remarkable stories of members shifting the dial in business, the community and society. * Steve Rossingh's career has taken him from New South Wales to Western Australia to the Northern Territory. * He is one of only around 50 known Aboriginal
* Ikea has released its iconic Frakta bag in a rainbow design in Australia in a nod to the LGBTI community's rainbow flag. * Named 'Kvanting', the retailer said the bag is a symbol of the company's commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. * In addition to the new bags, Ikea
Image: Canva * KPMG's latest Venture Pulse report has found Australian startups received a total of US$1.23 billion in the 2018-19 financial year — a record high. * The April-June quarter saw US$120 million invested in Australian startups across 17 deals, down from US$148.4 million in the first
* Basketballer Ben Simmons has signed an eye-watering contract extension with the Philadelphia 76ers for US$170 million ($A242 million). * It's the highest deal for an Australian athlete ever. * Simmons was the first Australian named to play in the NBA All-Star game and secured the 2017-2018 Rookie
Good morning!1\. Amazon Prime Day continues. Amazon's annual sales event began on Monday, with several deals across technology, beauty, home and kitchen and more. We compiled a list of the best deals you can get here.2\. However, people are calling for boycotts of Amazon on Prime Day.