* Gender discrimination is the single biggest factor in causing the gender pay gap in Australia, according to a new report from consulting giant KPMG. * The report found gender discrimination accounted for 39% of the gender pay gap in Australia. * KMPG also listed ways to address gender discrimination
* Qantas is trialling non-stop commercial flights from Australia to London and New York to research the impact on the health and wellbeing on passengers and crew members. * The flights will take approximately 19 hours and will include 40 people, including the crew. * The trial — which is set to commence
Good morning!1\. Deliveroo Australia names new CEO. Ed McManus is the food delivery service's new boss, replacing Levi Aron, who stepped down in July. Here are five things you need to know about the new CEO.2\. The Vatican acknowledges George Pell's conviction on sexual abuse after
Deliveroo has been at pains to prove its green credentials of late, including the launch of a reuseable stainless steel bowl.And now the food delivery app has made sure its next Australian CEO lives up to its environmentally-friendly public relations activity, hiring former renewable energy sector executive
Australian universities face “massive financial risks” by over-relying on revenue from ‘cash cow’ Chinese students, a US sociologist has warned.
* A lead indicator of Australia's near-term economic growth has just ticked into positive territory for the first time since November 2018, signalling conditions are improving. * That was largely off the back of gains on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), improved dwelling approvals and strong
* Australian actress Rebel Wilson is set to host and executive produce the first Australian Amazon Original Series, LOL: Last One Laughing. * The series will feature a cast of 10 Australian comedians who compete to make each other laugh first, with the last comedian standing winning $100,000. * The
Image: Supplied * Australians millennials may be increasingly sought after to serve as board directors as large companies grapple with future-focused ethical and social issues, the Governance Institute of Australia has suggested. * Millennials are expected to make up three quarters of the workforce
Good morning!1\. The European Union is reportedly investigating Facebook's cryptocurrency Libra for anti-competitive behaviour. On Tuesday, Bloomberg reported that the European Commission has been reaching out to unspecified individuals or organisations about Libra, telling them that it is
* Amazon and Deloitte are backing a new technology innovation hackathon to be held in South Australia in September. * The Gravity Challenge hackathon will bring together businesses, universities and entrepreneurs to help solve real world problems using Amazon Web Services and Deloitte data. * The
* Australia's record workforce participation has been partly explained by the RBA, which has pointed at the increasing entry of women and the elderly into the workforce as the catalyst. * While improvements in health and workplace flexibility have helped that, another major factor behind the trend
$69 flights, 80% off luxury private villas, a 9-day trip to Japan for less than $2,000, and kids fly free: here’s what’s on offer.
Steer clear of others’ charger cords, public USB charging ports and even strange USBs – or put your data privacy at risk.
It’s widely recognised that the customer is at the heart of business sustainability in the digital age. Arguably, no business has executed on that strategy better, nor harnessed the tools of technology more effectively, than Jeff Bezos’ Amazon. What’s less widely known, however, is that Bezos identified
* New analysis from Nine-owned property group Domain shows homebuyers in some cases are paying more than three times as much stamp duty than just a few years ago, renewing calls to scrap it altogether. * Critics of the tax range from think-tanks like The Grattan Institute to business leaders like Mirvac