|Bid||0.00 x 800|
|Ask||0.00 x 1400|
|Day's range||192.17 - 194.96|
|52-week range||142.00 - 233.47|
|Beta (3Y monthly)||1.03|
|PE ratio (TTM)||16.31|
|Earnings date||29 Jul. 2019 - 2 Aug. 2019|
|Forward dividend & yield||3.08 (1.76%)|
|1y target est||210.89|
Former Secretary of Defense Ash Carter explains why the Department of Defense needs to up its game and recruit tech talent from Silicon Valley.
Apple (AAPL) will require developers to place its Login button above rival buttons from Facebook (FB) and Google (GOOGL) in the app they create for distribution through its App Store. According to a report from Reuters, this requirement centers on Apple’s efforts to tighten data privacy for its customers.
Apple (AAPL) continues to receive challenges to its app business practices. After the US Supreme Court cleared a consumer-led antitrust lawsuit tied to Apple’s app business to proceed last month, a fresh lawsuit targeting the same business has been filed in California.
Today at 10:24 AM ET, Apple (AAPL) was trading on a positive note with nearly a 1.0% gain for the day. At the same time, the S&P 500 Index, the NASDAQ Composite Index, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average were up 0.3%, 0.7%, and 0.2%, respectively.
Apple is in talks with Intel (INTC) about purchasing the chip company’s smartphone modem business, according to a report from The Information citing people familiar with the matter. Intel said in April that it would exit the smartphone modem business, and it later announced its intention to sell the business.
In the week that ended on June 14, US tech giant Apple (AAPL) continued to trade on a positive note for the second week, but its rally slowed. Last week, Apple stock inched up 1.4% after a solid 8.6% gain in the previous week.
Welcome to the latest episode of the Full-Court Finance podcast from Zacks Investment Research where Associate Stock Strategist Ben Rains dives into what we know about Google (GOOGL) and Microsoft's (MSFT) cloud gaming plans
(Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc. could be seeing weaker-than-expected demand for its iPhone product line, especially in China, where trade tensions have been weighing down sales, analysts said on Monday.Shares of Apple rose 0.7%, rebounding after a three-day decline. While the stock is up about 12% from a low hit earlier this month, Apple is still down more than 8% from a peak in early May.JPMorgan wrote that macroeconomic uncertainty “is likely to drive greater headwinds to the smartphone market.” The bank lowered its iPhone shipment forecasts for the second quarter through the fourth quarter, dropping them by 4% to 139.5 million units. Analyst Samik Chatterjee also trimmed his price target by $2 to $233, although he kept his overweight rating.The macro issues are “cyclical and likely resolved with a trade resolution,” Chatterjee wrote, adding that Apple could see a tailwind from its growing services business.The iPhone is critically important to Apple’s fortunes, accounting for more than 60% of the company’s 2018 revenue, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The company derived nearly 20% of last year’s revenue from China, and weakness there pushed Apple to cut its sales forecast in January.JPMorgan was not the only firm to express caution about the outlook for iPhone sales on Monday. Longbow Research wrote that “concerns are rising that the ban on sales to Huawei will further impair iPhone demand in China,” and that there was a risk Apple “will not see notable share gains outside of China.” Analyst Shawn Harrison has a neutral rating on Apple, and wrote that the company’s efforts “to expand the reach and breadth of its services is key amidst a challenged iPhone demand environment, particularly in China.”Loop Capital Markets wrote that while iPhone unit demand was “well aligned with Street expectations” for June, consensus forecasts were “too high” for the second half of the year.“We continue to believe that risk remains to iPhone revenue through the year from mix (both units and capacity per unit), but with a stabilizing China,” analyst Ananda Baruah wrote, affirming Loop’s hold rating and $190 price target.A more optimistic view on the iPhone came from Credit Suisse, which wrote that China iPhone sales were becoming “less bad.”“The pace of decline for iPhone shipments in China has significantly improved” so far this quarter, analyst Matthew Cabral wrote, touting the impact of price cuts. But he noted that units were still down 4% this quarter compared with the year-ago period, and that iPhones were “lagging the overall Chinese smartphone market.”While “less bad” is a “clear positive given the magnitude of the prior headwind, risk remains,” he wrote. Credit Suisse has a neutral rating and $209 price target.Cabral expects trade-related uncertainty will keep the stock within a range, but that risks are “skewed to the downside.”Even beyond trade, he added that “aggressive local competition and a narrower ecosystem advantage in China remain deeper structural challenges for Apple, with no easy near-term fix.”To contact the reporter on this story: Ryan Vlastelica in New York at email@example.comTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Catherine Larkin at firstname.lastname@example.org, Scott SchnipperFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com©2019 Bloomberg L.P.
Analysts continue to worry about both the trade war with China and this year’s iPhone product cycle, ahead of the arrival of 5G models in 2020.
While a hawkish Fed no longer looms large over this aging bull market, Nouriel Roubini, perhaps the media’s favorite permabear, now says the world “has an even bigger problem on its hands.”
Investing.com - Apple inched higher on Monday as investors mulled reports the tech giant plans to launch three new iPhones in 2020, though gains were kept in check as analysts warned on near-term iPhone growth amid the ongoing U.S.-China trade war.
NEW YORK, June 17, 2019 -- The Klein Law Firm announces that class action complaints have been filed on behalf of shareholders of the following companies. If you suffered a.
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross sought to tone down expectations from the proposed meeting between US President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping at the G20 Summit. Ross said that the G20 is not “where you’re going to negotiate a 2,500-page agreement.”
On June 3, Apple (AAPL) announced its latest phone and desktop operating systems, iOS 13 and macOS Catalina version 10.15, respectively, during its 2019 Worldwide Developers Conference. During the event, the company also revealed that it would be discontinuing the iTunes app on both systems.
(Bloomberg) -- Huawei Technologies Co. founder Ren Zhengfei expects U.S. sanctions to curtail its revenue by about $30 billion over the coming two years, wiping out the networking giant’s growth by withholding critical American technology.Sales at China’s largest technology company will likely remain stagnant at about $100 billion in 2019 and 2020, the billionaire said during a panel discussion, quantifying for the first time the hit from a plethora of Trump administration restrictions. Huawei however will aim to maintain its research and development budget and refrain from layoffs or major asset sales. The sale of a majority slice in Huawei Marine -- announced in June -- was a business decision that was unrelated to America’s campaign against the company, the 74-year-old chief executive officer added.Ren said Monday he was surprised at the extent to which Washington has attacked his corporation. Huawei is said to be preparing for a fall of as much as 60% in overseas smartphone shipments, as Google cuts it off from Android updates and apps from Gmail to Maps. The founder has conceded that Trump administration curbs will cut into a two-year lead it’s painstakingly built over rivals like Ericsson AB and Nokia Oyj.“We didn’t expect the U.S. would so resolutely attack Huawei. We didn’t expect the U.S. would hit our supply chain in such a wide way -- not only blocking the component supplies, but also our participation in international organizations,” Ren told the panel in a broadcast from Huawei’s home city of Shenzhen. “That will make our revenue for this and next year around $100 billion.”Ren has struck a defiant tone in the face of U.S. sanctions that threaten his company’s very survival. At the heart of Trump’s campaign is suspicion that Huawei aids Beijing in espionage while spearheading China’s ambitions to become a technology superpower. It’s been accused for years of stealing intellectual property in lawsuits filed by American companies from Cisco Systems Inc. and Motorola to T-Mobile US Inc. Critics say such theft helped Huawei vault into the upper echelons of technology -- but Ren has laughed off that premise.The U.S. on May 17 blacklisted Huawei and cut it off from the U.S. software and components it needs to make its products. The ban hamstrings the world’s largest provider of networking gear and No. 2 smartphone vendor just as it was preparing to vault to the forefront of global technology. It’s rocking chipmakers from America to Europe as the global supply chain comes under threat. The ban could also disrupt the rollout of 5G wireless globally, undermining a standard that’s touted as the foundation of everything from autonomous cars to robot surgery.But Huawei has also said it will ramp up its own chip supply and find alternatives to keep its edge in smartphones and 5G. His company today generates more sales than internet giants Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. and Tencent Holdings Ltd. combined. In 2018, Huawei overtook Apple in smartphone sales, a triumph that burnished Ren’s tech credentials.“We didn’t expect the damage to be this serious. We did make some preparations, like the damaged plane I talked about. We only protected the engine and fuel tanks, but failed to protect other parts,” he told author-investor George Gilder and MIT Media Lab founder Nicholas Negroponte, who both agreed the U.S. was making a mistake in singling Huawei out.Ren, who survived Mao Zedong’s great famine to found Huawei in 1987 with 21,000 yuan, has said Huawei will do whatever it takes to survive. He has gone from recluse to media maven in the span of months as he fights to save the $100 billion company he founded. He emerged from virtual seclusion after the arrest of eldest daughter and Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou as part of a broader probe of Huawei.Ren has since become a central figure in a U.S.-Chinese conflict that’s potentially the most important episode to shape world affairs since the collapse of the Soviet Union. As Ren said in January, when the world’s biggest economies battle for dominion, nothing in their way will survive. His company is a “sesame seed” between twin great powers, he has said.The CEO has had much to deal with of late. His company finds itself under fire, besieged by a U.S. effort to get key allies to ban its networking equipment. The U.S. assault helped crystallize fears about Huawei’s growing clout in areas from wireless infrastructure and semiconductors to consumer gadgets.Then came the blacklist. Huawei appears to have anticipated this possibility since at least mid-2018, when similar sanctions threatened ZTE Corp. Huawei’s said to have stockpiled enough chips and other vital components to keep its business running at least three months. Ren on Monday said Huawei doesn’t implant backdoors in its products and that it remained willing to sign a “no-backdoor agreement” with the world if necessary.“We will be reborn by 2021,” Ren said.(Updates with more of Ren’s comments from the second paragraph.)To contact Bloomberg News staff for this story: Gao Yuan in Beijing at email@example.comTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Peter Elstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org, Edwin Chan, Colum MurphyFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com©2019 Bloomberg L.P.
(Bloomberg) -- Intel Corp. is reviewing its global supply chain amid the growing trade war between the U.S. and China, Chief Executive Officer Bob Swan said.Intel doesn’t believe tariffs are an “effective way to drive global trade,” Swan said on Sunday, and is encouraging the governments to engage in constructive dialogue -- even as the company tries to mitigate the impact of the dispute.“How do we move goods -- sometimes our customers will move their operations -- and how do we work the global supply chain so less product is coming directly from China to the U.S. that would be subject to tariffs?” Swan said in an interview with Bloomberg TV in Tel Aviv.Behind the trade war is President Donald Trump’s position that China and other trading partners are taking advantage of the U.S. For more than a year he has ratcheted up taxes on imports and encouraged U.S. companies to move production back home.Uncertain FutureUncertainty as U.S.-China trade negotiations enter a crucial stage is weighing on companies like Intel, as are signals from the Chinese government that it might not implement major stimulus measures -- as it has done in the past -- if the economy struggles. Intel already cut its revenue forecast for the full year, citing “China headwinds.”Apple Inc. has a backup plan if the trade war with China keeps escalating: Say goodbye to Beijing. Taiwan-based Foxconn Technology Group, Apple’s primary manufacturing partner, said it has enough capacity to make all iPhones bound for America outside of China.Alphabet Inc.’s Google is reportedly moving some production of Nest thermostats and server hardware out of China, avoiding U.S. tariffs and an increasingly hostile government in Beijing. It has already reportedly shifted much of its production of U.S.-bound motherboards to Taiwan, according to people familiar with the matter.The migration is taking place as both foreign and domestic companies seek to pivot production away from China amid Trump’s efforts to reset the parameters for global trade and manufacturing. Beijing is also showing growing signs of clamping down on American corporations, from Ford Motor Co. to FedEx Corp., within the world’s largest consumer market and production base.\--With assistance from Giovanni Prati and Ian King.To contact the reporter on this story: Gwen Ackerman in Jerusalem at email@example.comTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Riad Hamade at firstname.lastname@example.org, Amy Teibel, Michael S. ArnoldFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com©2019 Bloomberg L.P.
NEW ORLEANS, June 16, 2019 -- Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC (“KSF”) and KSF partner, the former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., remind investors with large.