A shopper has claimed her daughter chewed part of a slug that was disguised in a salad mix purchased from Woolworths.
The concerned mum shared a photo of the dead animal in a disappointed Facebook post to the supermarket on Saturday.
She said it was deeply concerning her daughter could have unknowingly eaten other slugs that were disguised in the packaged Leafy Mix, which is marketed to be "washed and ready to eat".
"Thank you Woolworths for our fresh, washed and ready to eat leafy salad which included one slug or possibly more," her post read.
The young girl "only removed one partly-chewed slug from her dinner", the mum wrote.
Other shoppers were fast to address the serious matter in comments, with one urging the mum to take her daughter to the doctor.
"Make sure you take her to see a doctor, so that she doesn't become ill," they wrote.
The mum acknowledged the severity of the situation, drawing attention to people who have died from eating slugs.
Sydney man Sam Ballard died in 2018 after eating a slug as a dare in 2010 left him paralysed.
A Woolworths employee said the matter was "disappointing", and requested more details about the product so it could be investigated.
They also informed the mum she could return a receipt to a Woolworths store and be provided with a refund or replacement.
Woolworths opted not to comment further after being contacted by Yahoo News Australia.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.