Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Monday:
• Barrick Gold stock rose 0.9% in premarket trade by 8:15 AM ET (12:15 GMT) after it said it was on track to hit the higher end of its projected profit range this year, due in part to a 27% rise in gold production driven by strong performances at mines in Mali and Argentina.
• Rite Aid stock was in focus, after the retail drug company appointed Heyward Donigan as its new CEO.
• Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) stock fell 1% after news that its meat-processing plant in Kansas will remain closed following a fire on Friday night. Over 3,800 workers will remain without jobs, although the company did say it would give them some form of guaranteed pay.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock declined 1% after reports that one of its electric cars caught fire after hitting a tow truck in Moscow on Saturday, although it was unclear which model it was. The company is under regulatory scrutiny for its claims over the safety of its Model 3.
• ABB (NYSE:ABB) stock jumped 3.6% after the Swiss engineering company named Bjorn Rosengren as its new CEO, effective in March.