Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Wednesday:
• CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) stock was up 3.2% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (11:20 GMT) after its earnings and revenue beat forecasts, due to strong results from its Aetna (NYSE:AET) health insurance business and pharmacy benefit division.
• HP Inc (NYSE:HPQ) stock surged 8.2% on reports that Xerox (NYSE:XRX) is considering a $27 billion takeover bid in a consolidation move in the face of falling demand for printed products.
• Match Group (NASDAQ:MTCH) stock tumbled 12.6% after the dating site owner gave weak guidance for the fourth quarter, citing stronger competition. The Tinder app owner said it expects to incur a loss of about $25 million in the fourth quarter due to long-term investments and legal costs.
• CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) stock fell 4.1% after the network operator agreed to pay $400,000 to settle Federal Communications Commission violations over a 911 service outage.
• Humana (NYSE:HUM) stock rose 3.1% after the health insurer beat on its bottom and top line and raised its full-year forecast.
• Coty (NYSE:COTY) stock jumped 4.3% after its earnings came in slightly above forecasts, even as slower sales caused revenue to dip below expectations.