Share the love with this cinnamon friendship bread
Bread is so much more than just food with this recipe for cinnamon friendship bread. Use it to bring friends and family together through a love for food. You begin by making a starter with a simple combination of water, yeast, flour and sugar, then divide it up to pass along to anyone and everyone. Here’s how to do it:
Resealable plastic bags
¼ cup warm water
1 package dry active yeast
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1. Start by writing these instructions on plastic bags to share with friends.
Day 1: Do nothing
Day 2: Mash the bag
Day 3: Mash the bag
Day 4: Mash the bag
Day 5: Mash the bag
Day 6: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar and mash the bag
Day 7: Mash the bag
Day 8: Mash the bag
Day 9: Mash the bag
Day 10: Pour into a metal bowl, add 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, and 1 cup sugar. Divide into four bags. Keep one and give away the others!
2. To make the starter: combine water and yeast. Stir, then let the yeast dissolve for five to eight minutes. Then, add in the sugar, flour and milk, and stir. Cover and let the mixture rest until it is bubbly.
3. Once the mixture is bubbly, pour it into one of the plastic bags and follow the instructions.
4. On day 10, feed the starter with one cup each of flour, milk and sugar. Then divide it up and share it with your friends.
5. Use the dough to bake a delicious loaf of cinnamon bread.
In The Know by Yahoo is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
The post Share the love with this cinnamon friendship bread appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know:
'Have you ever seen how cinnamon is harvested?': TikTok is shocked to learn where cinnamon actually comes from
Woman's friendship and meal exchange with neighbors' son goes viral in painfully wholesome TikTok series
Literally everyone is moving right now, so here are 7 moving lifesavers under $50 on Amazon