Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.29% to 6,247.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.21% to 6,341.70
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,225.65 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.07 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Cimic Group Ltd (ASX: CIM), the contractor business finished up 4.7%.
At the other end of the performance table, pet business Greencross Limited (ASX: GXL) fell by 6.5%, wiping out the gains it has made over the past month.
The Kogan.Com Ltd (ASX: KGN) share price fell by a further 11% after the company’s update yesterday wasn’t as good as investors expected.
The Pinnacle Investment Management Group Ltd (ASX: PNI) share price returned to trade today after going into a trading halt for a capital raising and finished higher by 10.2%.
The share price of Nufarm Limited (ASX: NUF) dropped another 4.4% after its market update on Monday disappointed investors.
Annuity company Challenger Ltd (ASX: CGF) fell by 2.86% today.
Finally, Somnomed Limited (ASX: SOM) shares climbed 13.6% higher after it revealed revenue growth of 30% in FY18.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Here come cheaper internet plans
- Magellan Financial Group Ltd (ASX:MFG) CEO warns shares could crash on this one risk
- Is Kogan.com Ltd (ASX:KGN) still a good investment?
- 6 simple things stopping you from becoming a millionaire
- Turning $10,000 into $8 million Was Just the Beginning For 1 Man
- Where I would invest $20,000 in the share market
- How I’d invest $5,000 into small caps today
- 3 high-yield dividend shares I want in my portfolio
- Google and this ASX blue-chip just signed a deal to build a new company
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Challenger Limited and Greencross Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Challenger Limited and Greencross Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.