Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.06% to 5,725.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.05% to 5,800.10
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,222.15 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.01 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was oOh!Media Ltd (ASX: OML), the advertising business went up 6.7% after announcing Brisbane City Council has voted to approve a contract with Adshel.
Construction materials business CSR Limited (ASX: CSR) shares rose 2% after announcing the sale of its Viridian Glass business for $155 million.
Finally, a plunge in the iron and steel prices has sent some of Australia’s ASX 200 steel shares down including BlueScope Steel Limited (ASX: BSL) which dropped 3.6% and Sims Metal Management Ltd (ASX: SGM) fell by 3.4%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why AMP Limited shares are tanking again today
- How to create a yearly income of $100,000 in dividends
- This broker has upgraded these energy stocks to “buy” following the oil market massacre
- Why I like these 3 high yield ASX shares
- Why are ASX SaaS shares going gangbusters?
- Turning $10,000 into $8 million Was Just the Beginning For 1 Man
- Up 400% in 5 years: Can Nearmap Ltd repeat the trick?
- Where I would invest $10,000 in the share market
- 4 reasons why I like Challenger Ltd (ASX:CGF) at this share price
- Is this the best food business on the ASX?
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and REDBUBBLE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Collins Foods Limited and oOh!Media Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.