Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.19% to 5,657.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.22% to 5,736.70
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,239.46 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.03 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was car dealership business Automotive Holdings Group Ltd (ASX: AHG), its share price rose 4.1%.
Another ASX 200 share on the rise was Charter Hall Group (ASX: CHC), the property business rose 4%.
Shares of buy now, pay later business Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) dropped 5.3%, making it the worst performer in the ASX 200 today. It was also a punishing day for fellow tech business Appen Ltd (ASX: APX) which saw its share price fall 4.1%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Leading fund manager reveals 7 investment themes from 2018
- Large ASX blue chips could be fined billions of dollars
- Goldman Sachs thinks the worst may be over for BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto
- Is the Telstra Corporation share price in the buy zone?
- NEW: Free report names top 3 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2019
- Top analysts name their top 3 ASX blue chip shares for 2019
- Richest man alive issues dire warning
- 3 quality dividend shares to boost your income
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Appen Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Automotive Holdings Group Limited, Scentre Group, and SEEK Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.