Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.36% to 5,774.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.33% to 5,834.80
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,296.85 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.52 a barrel
Gold business Regis Resources Limited (ASX: RRL) fell 4.25%, making it the worst performer in the ASX 200.
The Healius Ltd (ASX: HLS) share price rose by 3% today. The healthcare company officially knocked back a takeover bid recently, but it may soon receive another one.
Lithium business Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) shares registered a fall of 3.5% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Insiders have been buying Aristocrat Leisure shares: Should you invest?
- Why the Alacer Gold share price is climbing today
- 3 ASX shares rated as strong buys by brokers
Westpac may be one of the biggest companies in Australia, but I don’t think it offers us the biggest opportunity – I believe there are ASX shares that could grow profit much faster over the next few years.
Top 3 ASX Blue Chips To Buy For 2019
For many, blue chip stocks mean stability, profitability and regular dividends, often fully franked…
But knowing which blue chips to buy, and when, can be fraught with danger.
The Motley Fool’s in-house analyst team has poured over thousands of hours worth of proprietary research to bring you the names of The Motley Fool’s Top 3 Blue Chip Stocks for 2019.
Each one pays a fully franked dividend. The names of these Top 3 ASX Blue Chips are included in a specially prepared FREE report. But you will have to hurry. Depending on demand – and how quickly the share prices of these companies moves – we may be forced to remove this report.
- NEW: Free report names top 3 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2019
- Top analysts name their top 3 ASX blue chip shares for 2019
- Richest man alive issues dire warning
- 3 quality dividend shares to boost your income
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COSTA GRP FPO and Treasury Wine Estates Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.