Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.24% to 5,890.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.23% to 5,995.20
- AUD/USD at US 78.1 cents
- Gold at US$1,335.14 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$67.39 a barrel
The ASX indices have recovered a little more from their fall a couple of days ago, with the All Ordinaries nearly above 6,000 again.
Betting giant Tabcorp Holdings Limited (ASX: TAH) was another to release its report today, the share price dropped by 6.85% as punters weren’t happy with the company’s result.
The Seven West Media Ltd (ASX: SWM) share price made for good viewing for shareholders today, it rose by 7%, although it is still heavily down compared to its share price a month ago, six months ago and so on.
Finally, the Blackmores Limited (ASX: BKL) share price rose by 6.53% today on no news, investors must be expecting a positive result from its report.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- AGL Energy Ltd announces record dividend on near doubling of net profit
- Here’s why Paragon Care Ltd reported its NPAT was down 24%
- Why the Tabcorp Holdings Limited share price tumbled today
- Mineral Resources Limited shares rise on half-year result
- Why the share price of National Australia Bank Ltd. is surging higher this morning
- 6 companies I’d buy to beat the market meltdown
- Turning $10,000 into $8 million Was Just the Beginning For 1 Man
- Revealed: 10 of the cheapest stocks on the ASX today
- Shares to profit from the Chinese tourism boom
- Leading brokers name 3 ASX shares to buy today
- Is it time to sell your CBA shares?
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Blackmores Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of National Australia Bank Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Paragon Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.