Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.29% to 5,795.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.27% to 5,853.90
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,263.34 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$60.96 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was healthcare business Nanosonics Ltd. (ASX: NAN), its share price rose 4%.
Gold miners had a decent day with the share price of St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) rising 3.9%.
Treasury Wine Estates Ltd (ASX: TWE) shares fell almost 5% today as one of its key competitors reported a disappointing set of figures, leading investors to fear the same may happen to the ASX wine business.
The Integrated Research Limited (ASX: IRI) share price finished up 37% after updating the market with profit guidance.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why the CLINUVEL Pharmaceuticals share price surged 13% higher today
- 3 reasons why China may soon boost the ASX
- Why the BHP share price is sinking 5% lower on Thursday
Nanosonics shares have done quite well over the past five years, but at this stage I’m not sure if it’s a clear buy. There could be cheaper growth shares on the ASX right now.
OUR #1 dividend pick to grow your wealth in 2019 is revealed for FREE here!
Our top dividend stock pick for 2019 currently boasts a 5.4% dividend yield (fully franked). I believe it’s a perfect fit for a well-diversified, income-focused portfolio.
Even better, this yield comes attached to an attractive and still-growing business which could keep expanding throughout Australia and New Zealand for years to come. With disciplined management, and a long track record of building wealth for shareholders, this company is a serious candidate for any income-minded investor’s portfolio.
Simply click here to grab your FREE copy of this up-to-the-minute research report on our #1 dividend share recommendation now.
- NEW: Free report names top 3 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2019
- Top analysts name their top 3 ASX blue chip shares for 2019
- Richest man alive issues dire warning
- 3 quality dividend shares to boost your income
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COSTA GRP FPO, Nanosonics Limited, Nearmap Ltd., and Treasury Wine Estates Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Class Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Integrated Research Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.