Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.42% to 5,681.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.37% to 5,757.90
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,238.00 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.65 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was casino operator Star Entertainment Group Ltd (ASX: SGR), its share price rose by 5.3%.
It was a terrible day for IOOF Holdings Limited (ASX: IFL), its share price plunged 36% after announcing APRA was seeking to punish most of the IOOF management team. The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ASX: ANZ) share price rose 0.2% in response to the IOOF developments.
The share price of Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Co. Ltd (ASX: SOL) rose 3.4%, it held its AGM today re-iterating how well it has done in recent years.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why ASX 200 oil stocks are on a slippery slope as a number of records are broken
- Why the Spotless Group share price has raced 60% higher since August
- Why the Paradigm Biopharmaceuticals share price has surged 11% higher
- NEW: Free report names top 3 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2019
- Top analysts name their top 3 ASX blue chip shares for 2019
- Richest man alive issues dire warning
- 3 quality dividend shares to boost your income
Tristan Harrison owns shares of Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Jumbo Interactive Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of COLESGROUP DEF SET. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.