Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.02% to 5,654.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.95 to 5,716.00
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,270.00 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$53.21 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was lithium business Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE), its share price finished up by 5.6%. Peer Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) saw its share price grow by 3.2%.
The Bravura Solutions Ltd (ASX: BVS) share price fell 2.6%, the software business was the worst performer in the ASX 200.
Infrastructure and property shares suffered another rough day today. The APA Group (ASX: APA) share price fell 2.5% according to the ASX.
Mining equipment rental company Emeco Holdings Limited (ASX: EHL) rose 5%, it was one of the biggest gainers in the ASX 200.
Bega Cheese Ltd (ASX: BGA) shares rose by 3.5% today, milking the positive returns of the ASX.
Shares of renewable energy business Infigen Energy Ltd (ASX: IFN) went up by nearly 3.5%.
The major ASX banks had a very good day, the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ASX: ANZ) share price rose 2.7%, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX: CBA) share price went up 2.25% and the Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC) share price went up nearly 3%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Don’t let anyone tell you the markets are ‘efficient’
- Why the DroneShield share price went ballistic this December
- Why Audio Pixels, BWP Trust, DEXUS Property, and Starpharma shares are in the red today
- How to retire early with ASX ETFs
Top 3 ASX Blue Chips To Buy For 2019
For many, blue chip stocks mean stability, profitability and regular dividends, often fully franked…
But knowing which blue chips to buy, and when, can be fraught with danger.
The Motley Fool’s in-house analyst team has poured over thousands of hours worth of proprietary research to bring you the names of The Motley Fool’s Top 3 Blue Chip Stocks for 2019.
Each one pays a fully franked dividend. The names of these Top 3 ASX Blue Chips are included in a specially prepared FREE report. But you will have to hurry. Depending on demand – and how quickly the share prices of these companies moves – we may be forced to remove this report.
- NEW: Free report names top 3 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2019
- Top analysts name their top 3 ASX blue chip shares for 2019
- Richest man alive issues dire warning
- 3 quality dividend shares to boost your income
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Bravura Solutions Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.