KEY 2018 RESULTS
The two oversubscribed equity raisings in the December 2017 quarter enabled Investigator to advance the Paris Silver Project and other priority projects in South Australia as follows:
Paris Silver Project
- Commenced metallurgical work on composited representative drill samples after geochemical classification of geometallurgical domains within the deposit.
- Undertook comminution tests which confirm the silver is generally hosted in soft and lowabrasive rock.
- Achieved weighted average silver recoveries around 74% with a range of 65% to 89% in preliminary cyanide leach trials for the three main geometallurgical domains.
- Defined a potential water supply for future mining operations through a positive hydrological study.
- Commenced preliminary geotechnical studies for mine design.
- Added modest additional silver resource potential associated with zones of anomalous lead, gold, copper, cobalt and molybdenum by drilling in the southeastern extension of the deposit.
Nankivel copper-gold prospect
Drilled the Trojan induced polarisation ('IP') anomaly. No significant copper mineralisation was discovered.
Maslins iron ore-copper-gold ('IOCG') target:
- Collaborated in the government-sponsored MT survey of the Carrapateena region.
- Enhanced the prospective gravity target further by independently financing an additional MT traverse. Geophysical interpretation suggests an underlying conductive "flare" analogous to that generally recognised as a signature of the Olympic Dam orebody.
- Extended the Maslins IOCG target 6 km along a prospective fault structure at the intersection of a regional fault with the MT "flare".
- Commenced the process of identifying a Joint Venture partner to drill test the target.
Cartarpo "multi-commodity" Target
- Announced surface samples assaying up to 1.78% cobalt, 1.1% rare earth elements ('REE'), 0.52% copper, 0.42% nickel and 0.31% lithium in remnant gossan associated with small historic mine workings.
- Completed a soil geochemical sampling programme which established coherent target zones, extending over an 800 m strike length, open in both directions. Potential is enhanced by the location of the tenement area on the Burra copper trend, which overlies an identified MT "hotspot".
- The Company continued its approach to ongoing research projects which test alternative hypotheses to the geological conventional wisdom.
- The Company received an R&D tax concession totalling A$0.86million for the 2016/17 years under the Federal Government's Research and Development Tax Incentive Programme.
To view the full report, please visit:
About Investigator Resources Ltd:
The Company's priority is progressing the development pathway for the Paris silver project with the preparation of a pre-feasibility study. The Paris Mineral Resource Estimate is 9.3Mt @ 139g/t silver and 0.6% lead, comprising 42Moz of contained silver and 55kt of contained lead, at a 50g/t silver cut-off. The resource has been categorised with an Indicated Resource estimate of 4.3Mt @ 163g/t silver and 0.6% lead for 23Moz contained silver and 26kt contained lead, and an Inferred Resource: 5.0Mt @ 119g/t silver and 0.6% lead for 19Moz contained silver and 29kt contained lead.
The Company has applied an innovative strategy that has developed multiple ideas and targets giving Investigator first-mover status. These include: the Paris silver discovery; recognition of other epithermal fields and the associated potential for porphyry copper-gold of Olympic Dam age; extending the ideas developed at Paris-Nankivel and using breakthrough government Magneto-Telluric surveying to rejuvenate targeting with the Maslins IOCG target as the next priority drill target.
Mr Andrew McIlwain Acting CEO/Director Investigator Resources Limited E: email@example.com T: +61-8-7325-2222
Investigator Resources Ltd
Copyright (C) 2018 ABN Newswire. All rights reserved.