Gold markets have broken down rather significantly during the week, slicing well below the $1500 level. This is a very negative sign, but when you look at the weekly chart, you can see that we are still technically and a bullish flag. Quite frankly, this market needs to save itself rather quickly or it’s going to be serious trouble. The $1450 level underneath will continue to keep a bit of support into the market based upon the ascending triangle on the daily chart, but at this point it looks very likely to cause a bit of a reaction.
Gold Price Forecast Video 11.11.19
If the flag pans out, and we break above the top of it, the market could then go towards the $1800 level. However, if the $1450 level underneath gets broken, then the $1400 level would be tested, and then eventually the $1350 level after that. This is mainly due to the US/China situation being all over the place, and as things looked very positive in the middle the week, we had seen the “safety trade” rollover as the gold market offers that safety. At this point in time, there will be a lot of volatility, but sooner or later we should see some type of impulsive candlestick that we can follow. This will literally swing back and forth due to the risk appetite involving all things China, which unfortunately moves with the latest Tweet or headline.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- US Stock Market Overview – Stock Rise, Led By Healthcare, Yield Continue to Climb
- Crude Oil Price Forecast – Crude Oil Markets Choppy And Neutral
- Gold Price Prediction – Gold Slides on Stronger Dollar
- E-mini NASDAQ-100 Index (NQ) Futures Technical Analysis – Holding Above Minor Pivot Support at 8221.50
- U.S. Dollar Index Futures (DX) Technical Analysis – Reaction to 98.095 – 98.380 Retracement Zone Sets Near-Term Tone
- Crude Oil Price Update – Sustained Move Over $58.21 Could Launch Strong Rally