WTI Crude Oil
The WTI Crude Oil market has gone back and forth during the trading session on Friday as we reached down to the 50 day EMA, only to turn around and reach above the 200 day EMA. Ultimately, the $58 level above will cause quite a bit of resistance, so if we were to break above there it’s likely that the market could then go to the $60 level. To the downside, if we were to break down below the $55.50 level, then it’s likely that we could go down to the $54 level. All things being equal, I think a lot of short-term back-and-forth continues.
WTI Video 11.11.19
Brent markets broke down significantly to test the 50 day EMA but then turned around to form a hammer. At this point, the market is likely only to continue more of the choppy and ridiculous short-term behavior that we have seen. That being said though, it seems to be easier to simply buy short-term pullbacks for quick trades. If we were to break above the 200 day EMA, which is at the $63.50 level, then we could go to the $65 level which is significant resistance. I expect a lot of noise going forward, as OPEC is threatening to cut production, but some of the larger nations in OPEC are starting to step away from that statement. However, at the same time demand is seriously threatened around the world, not only from slowing economic conditions but the US/China trade war.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Crude Oil Price Update – Sustained Move Over $58.21 Could Launch Strong Rally
- Gold Price Prediction – Gold Slides on Stronger Dollar
- Silver Price Forecast – Silver Markets Fall Again On Friday
- U.S. Dollar Index Futures (DX) Technical Analysis – Reaction to 98.095 – 98.380 Retracement Zone Sets Near-Term Tone
- US Stock Market Overview – Stock Rise, Led By Healthcare, Yield Continue to Climb
- Gold Price Forecast – The Next Great Buying Opportunity