The S&P / ASX 200 Index (^AXJO) (ASX:XJO) has ended up just 0.1% at 5,141.2, after recovering from an early fall, with gains in the banks and consumer staples sectors driving the market.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- Flight Centre (FLT.AX) flew up 8.5% to $48.41
- Carsales.com (CRZ.AX) climbed 4.6% to $11.48
- Charter Hall (CHC.AX) rose 2.8% to $3.73
- TransPacific Industries (TPI.AX) gained 2.7% to 96 cents
- Cabcharge (CAB.AX) added 2.6% to $4.31
These stocks were the losers on the day.
- Boart Longyear (BLY.AX) plummeted 10.2% to 44 cents
- Western Areas (WSA.AX) dropped 9.7% to $2.98
- Ausdrill (ASL.AX) lost 9.1% to $1.295
- Seven Group Holdings (SVW.AX) fell 7.5% to $7.12
- NRW Holdings (NWH.AX) slipped 6.2% to $1.21
Interested in our #1 dividend-paying stock? Discover The Motley Fool’s favourite income idea for 2013-2014 in our brand-new, FREE research report, including a full investment analysis! Simply click here for your FREE copy of “The Motley Fool’s Top Dividend Stock for 2013-2014.”
- Greencross sees 35% growth in profit
- A black eye for Vision Eye
- Seven Group’s profit set to tumble
- Vodafone dials up new plans
Motley Fool writer/analyst Mike King owns shares in Flight Centre and Carsales.com.