The S&P / ASX 200 Index (^AXJO) (ASX:XJO) has ended flat at 5,157.4, despite a flurry of earnings results out today and positive leads from US markets overnight. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, while the S&P 500 index closed up 0.3% higher.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- Mineral Deposits (MDL.AX) gained 13.7% to $2.32
- Southern Cross Media (SXL.AX) added 8.1% to $1.60
- Alacer Gold (AQG.AX) rose 7.1% to $2.86
- Carsales.com (CRZ.AX) climbed 6.7% to $10.72
- G8 Education (GEM.AX) closed up 4.5% at $2.77
These stocks were the losers on the day.
- GUD Holdings (GUD.AX) dropped 7.5% to $5.96
- Emeco Holdings (EHL.AX) lost 6.5% to 21.5 cents
- Computershare (CPU.AX) fell 6.3% to $9.75
- Downer EDI (DOW.AX) slipped 6.1% to $4.18
- Leighton Holdings (LEI.AX) closed down 6% at $16.24
Interested in our #1 dividend-paying stock? Discover The Motley Fool’s favourite income idea for 2013-2014 in our brand-new, FREE research report, including a full investment analysis! Simply click here for your FREE copy of “The Motley Fool’s Top Dividend Stock for 2013-2014.”
- Telstra eats Optus’ lunch
- Services sector does it tough
- Oroton CEO packs her bags
- Are the banks overvalued?
Motley Fool writer/analyst Mike King owns shares in Carsales.com, Computershare and Leightons.