The Australian share market looks set to open XXXXX
At 0700 AEST on XXXXday, the share price futures index was XX XX points, or XX per cent, at 5,XX.
In the US/ Europe / Asia .....
The Dow Jones Industrial Average XXXX
Locally, in economic news on Thursday,
In equities news, XXXX.
The Australian market on Wednesday closed flat, with gains for energy and material stocks not doing enough to overcome losses elsewhere on the market.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index ended down 1.7 points, or 0.03 per cent, at 6,195.9 points, while the broader All Ordinaries was down 1.6 points, or 0.03 per cent, at 6,290.5 points.
Meanwhile, the Australian dollar XXXX
The local currency was trading at XX US cents at 0700 AEST on Thursday, from 73.83 on Wednesday.
CURRENCY SNAPSHOT AT 0700 AEST:
One Australian dollar buys:
* 73.XX US cents, from 73.83 on Wednesday
* 81.XX Japanese yen, from 81.07 yen
* 63.XX euro cents, from 63.29 euro cents
* 55.XX British pence, from 55.80 pence
* 108.XX NZ cents, from 108.23 cents
The spot price of gold in Sydney at 0700 AEST was $US1,XXX per fine ounce, from $US1,257.27 per fine ounce on Wednesday.
BOND SNAPSHOT AT 0700 AEST:
* CGS 4.50 per cent May 2021, 2.0805pct, unchanged
* CGS 4.75pct May 2028, 2.6282pct, unchanged
Sydney Futures Exchange prices:
* September 2018 10-year bond futures contract at 97.XX (implying a yield of 2.XXpct), from 97.365 (implying a yield of 2.635pct) on Wednesday
* September 2018 3-year bond futures contract at 97.XX (2.XXpct), from 97.9 (2.10pct).
(*Bond market closes taken at 1630 AEST previous local session; currency closes taken from 1700 AEST previous local session)