The Australian market looks set to open higher, after a positive lead from international equities.
At 0700 AEST on Monday, the share price futures index was up 14 points, or 0.25 per cent, at 5,682.
In the US, the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq advanced to record levels, buoyed by gains in technology stocks, while each of the major indexes closed out the quarter with solid gains.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.11 per cent, the S&P 500 gained 0.37 per cent and the Nasdaq Composite added 0.66 per cent.
Locally, in economic news on Monday, the Ai Group performance of manufacturing (PMI) index for September is expected, as is the CoreLogic capital city house prices survey for the week just ended.
No major equities news is expected on Monday.
The Australian market on Friday closed higher.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index rose 11.2 points, or 0.2 per cent, at 5,681.6 points.
The broader All Ordinaries index was up 13.4 points, or 0.23 per cent, at 5,744.9 points.
Meanwhile, the Australian dollar is up fractionally against its US counterpart and little changed against most other major currencies, but up against the pound sterling.
The local currency was trading at 78.42 US cents at 0700 AEST on Monday, from 78.40 on Friday.
CURRENCY SNAPSHOT AT 0700 AEST:
One Australian dollar buys:
* 78.42 US cents, from 79.40 on Friday
* 88.335 Japanese yen, from 88.34 yen
* 66.49 euro cents, from 66.49 euro cents
* 58.60 British pence, from 58.46 pence
* 108.62 NZ cents, from 108.68 cents
The spot price of gold in Sydney at 0700 AEST was $US1,279.72 per fine ounce, from $US1,287.05 per fine ounce on Friday.
BOND SNAPSHOT AT 0700 AEST:
* CGS 4.50 per cent April 2020, 2.0355pct, unchanged
* CGS 4.75pct April 2027, 2.7852pct, unchanged
Sydney Futures Exchange prices:
* December 2017 10-year bond futures contract at 97.125 (implying a yield of 2.875pct), from 97.13 (implying a yield of 2.87pct) on Friday
* December 2017 3-year bond futures contract at 97.82 (2.18pct), from 97.81 (2.19pct).
(*Bond market closes taken at 1630 AEST previous local session; currency closes taken from 1700 AEST previous local session)