The Healthia Ltd (ASX: HLA) share price has gone up another 7.5% today after announcing it would be expanding into North America with iOrthotics.
iOrthotics is described by Healthia as a world leader in 3D printing, delivering custom-made foam rubber and 3D-printed orthotic devices to more than 100 podiatry clinics throughout Australia from its Queensland facility.
Healthia announced that iOrthotics would be expanding to the USA with the launch of a 3D printed orthotics manufacturing laboratory in New York.
The New York facility is located in Astoria and has been secured with a 5-year lease agreement is operational immediately with one HP Fusion Jet 3D printer which has the capacity to manufacture up to 30,000 pairs of orthotics annually.
Once printed from the new facility, orthotics will then be supplied directly to other orthotic manufacturing laboratories in North America before finally reaching the patient.
The facility will be operated by iOrthotics USA, which Healthia owns a 58% stake in, with the other 42% being owned by Hersco Orthotics Labs of Long Island City New York.
Healthia has estimated that potential annualised revenue from one printer at fully capacity is around US$1 million with capacity to install another two printers at the New York facility.
iOrthotics Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary of Healthia, will receive an intellectual property licence fee for each orthotic printed by iOrthotics USA.
Healthia’s capital expenses attributed to setting up the new facility have been funded from existing cash reserves.
Using 3D printing technology, iOrthotics is focused on reducing the environmental impact of plastic and rubber-based materials traditionally used in the manufacturing process. iOrthotics 3D printed orthotics reduce manufacturing waste by more than 95% compared to milled polypropylene orthotic devices.
Healthia CEO Wesley Coote said: “Since being established in 2019, iOrthotics has grown to become Australia’s leading manufacturer of 3D printed othotic devices so this new facility in New York gives us an opportunity to bring our innovation to one of the world’s largest healthcare markets.”
This is an exciting development for Healthia. The North American market is a very large market. Healthia is still a small cap but increasing its total addressable market is a good move and definitely expands the company’s growth runway. It’s certainly more interesting this week compared to last week.
The post ASX small cap expands to North America, share price up 7.5% appeared first on Motley Fool Australia.
I believe that Healthia, long with these hand-picked ASX growth shares, are worth watching in 2020.
Our Motley Fool experts have just released a fantastic report, detailing 5 dirt cheap shares that you can buy in 2020.
One stock is an Australian internet darling with a rock solid reputation and an exciting new business line that promises years (or even decades) of growth… while trading at an ultra-low price…
Another is a diversified conglomerate trading near a 52-week low all while offering a 2.7% fully franked yield...
Plus 3 more cheap bets that could position you to profit over the next 12 months!
See for yourself now. Simply click the link below to scoop up your FREE copy and discover all 5 shares. But you will want to hurry – this free report is available for a brief time only.
- Man bets $221,666 on one ASX stock
- Top analysts name their top 3 ASX blue chip shares for 2019
- 3 quality dividend shares to boost your income
- NEW: Free report names top 3 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2019
- 5 Stocks for Potentially Building Wealth After 50
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
The Motley Fool's purpose is to help the world invest, better. Click here now for your free subscription to Take Stock, The Motley Fool's free investing newsletter. Packed with stock ideas and investing advice, it is essential reading for anyone looking to build and grow their wealth in the years ahead. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson. 2020