Perth, Australia, Aug 15, 2011 - (ABN Newswire) - Beach Energy Limited (ASX:BPT.AX) (Other OTC:BEPTF.PK) announces a strategic alliance with Adelaide Energy Ltd (ASX:ADE.AX) through a potential investment of A$12.1 million via a placement of both shares and options in the company.
Beach and Adelaide Energy are currently in joint venture in the Nappamerri Trough acreage of PEL 218 (Beach 90%, Adelaide Energy 10%) and ATP 855P (Beach 40%, Adelaide Energy 20%, Icon Energy Ltd (ASX:ICN.AX) 40%). As a result of the success to date in the Nappamerri Trough, this alliance between Beach and Adelaide Energy will ensure further expansion of activities for both parties to develop the significant gas resource identified to date.
The main details of the partnership are as follows:
(1) Beach will subscribe for 14 million shares in Adelaide Energy at a price of 16.5 cents;
(2) Adelaide Energy has invited Beach to nominate a new director to its board, which Beach is currently considering;
(3) At a forthcoming Adelaide Energy General Meeting, due to be held within the next 50 days, shareholder approval will be sought for:
- the issue to Beach of a further 59.5 million shares in Adelaide Energy; and
- Adelaide Energy granting Beach 75 million unlisted options, at an exercise price of 40 cents, exercisable by 30 June 2016;
(4) Adelaide Energy's Directors intend to vote in support of the transaction at the Adelaide Energy General Meeting; and
(5) Upon approval from Adelaide Energy shareholders, Beach will own 19.95% of Adelaide Energy's issued share capital.
Beach Managing Director, Mr Reg Nelson said, "This alliance between Beach and Adelaide Energy makes a lot of strategic sense for both companies and continues Beach's strategy of putting a foothold on what is turning out to be Australia's pre-eminent shale gas province, the Cooper Basin."
About Beach Energy Limited:
Beach Energy Limited (ASX:BPT.AX) is a long established oil and gas Exploration and Production Company. Based in Adelaide, South Australia, the Company has oil and gas reserves of 66 million barrels of oil equivalent (at 30 June 2009), an annual production in the 2008/09 Financial Year of 9.6 million barrels of oil equivalent and an active exploration program within a balanced global portfolio of tenements.
Corporate Reg Nelson Beach Energy Limited Tel: +61-8-8338-2833 Investor Relations Chris Jamieson Beach Energy Limited Tel: +61-8-8338-2833 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.beachenergy.com.au
Beach Energy Limited
Copyright (C) 2011 ABN Newswire. All rights reserved.