The S&P / ASX 200 Index (^AXJO) (ASX:XJO) gained 0.4% to 5,201.1, with information technology the leading sector adding 1.3%, while the gold sector dropped 2.2%. More Chinese economic data was released today, and industrial production, retail sales and fixed-asset investment all recorded double-digit rises from a year earlier.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- Fleetwood Corporation (FWD.AX) rocketed up 11.7% to $3.92
- Billabong International (BBG.AX) zoomed up 9.3% to 47 cents
- Emeco Holdings (EHL.AX) climbed 6% to 26.5 cents
- Transfield Services (TSE.AX) rose 5.7% to $1.29
- FKP Property Group (FKP.AX) added 5.3% to $1.40
These stocks were the losers on the day.
- Automotive Holdings (AHE.AX) dropped 7% to $3.72
- Silver Lake Resources (SLR.AX) plunged 6.8% to 82.5 cents
- Perseus Mining (PRU.AX) lost 5.7% to 66.5 cents
- St Barbara (SBM.AX) fell 5.6% to 67 cents
- Resolute Mining (RSG.AX) slipped 5.4% to 79.5 cents
Interested in our #1 dividend-paying stock? Discover The Motley Fool’s favourite income idea for 2013-2014 in our brand-new, FREE research report, including a full investment analysis! Simply click here for your FREE copy of “The Motley Fool’s Top Dividend Stock for 2013-2014.”
- Warren Buffett’s formula for investing success
- 5 small caps for the next 5 years
- 5 super flash cars with super fat margins
- Airlines and energy to benefit from Coalition victory
Motley Fool writer/analyst Mike King owns shares in Silver Lake Resources.